2020-2022 Subaru Outback - Smoked Tail Light Insert Overlays
The number one product we get asked to make is full stealth tail light inserts, and this one definitely transforms the entire tail light! You end up with a much more aggressive OEM finish and it just looks awesome, all while protecting your tail light without detrimentally inhibiting light output. This is a DIY install product and has all the instructions you need to make the process as easy to follow as possible. This simple modification doesn't require you to open your tail lights or do any wiring, this is a simple peel and stick tint overlay that shouldn't take any more than 30 minutes to complete. We also have a variety of other products for this generation Outback from front to back. Premium Auto Styling vinyl overlays are computer precision cut into durable automotive grade vinyl. This easy peal and stick vinyl accent overlay looks OEM when properly installed. Unlike most ebay or amazon vendors, Premium Auto Styling vinyl overlays are designed and produced here in the USA in our own facility. We design and test fit all products to ensure a perfect fitment guaranteeing you the best results . Basically, if they don’t work on our cars, they’re not going to end up on yours. If you are looking for an inexpensive styling modification, or you just want to change up the factory look, it's a great idea to checkout this vinyl overlay.
WET INSTALL BASICS: Getting the vinyl installed on your ride is very easy and only requires minimal tools. What you'll need: lubrication spray solution, squeegee and sometimes a blade and or heat gun. You can make a lubrication spray solution at home by using a spy bottle filled with water and mixing it with 1 drop of dish soap or buy our PRE-MIX SOLUTION SOLD HERE, You'll also need an application squeegee. For Best results we recommend cleaning the surface that you'll be applying our overlays too, cleaning should consist of removal of any waxes, dirt and or debris. For the cleaning process a clay bar is highly recommended: CLEANING PREP SPRAY & CLAY BAR's SOLD HERE). Before you begin installation of any vinyl overlays please make sure you are working in the right conditions, you should never install vinyl in direct sunlight, never apply vinyl in temperatures that are neither too hot nor too cold. Our in-house expert installers say the optimum temperature for installing vinyl is between 65 and 72 degrees (F). Vinyl can be installed as low as 50 degrees (F), and up to 90 degrees (F).
Heat Gun Highly Recommended for install.
- Start with the Turn Signal Portion of the overlay which is a 2 piece product.
- After You have read and completed the "wet install basics" (above) you can now start by misting the adhesive side of the overlay as well as the surface you will be applying the overlay to with surface lube (or water with a drop of soap).
- Let's begin, first start with the bottom piece of the overlay set, and spray the adhesive side of the vinyl very lightly with surface lube. Position the bottom piece by aligning it to the outer edge of the clear portion of the tail light. If positioned correctly there should not be any clear visible along the outer edge but you also should not be so far over the edge that the tint bridges the corner onto the red area. Once positioned correctly everything will fall into place where it should.
- Squeegee this piece into place by applying firm pressure, removing any water and air out from under the tint. Some heat may be required to get the tint to lay correctly. Work all the air and water out to the edges until you get to the inner edge of the tail light where there is a small indent. Pick up the tint in this area and feed it into this indent using your squeegee, heat and then continue. Trim or Tuck the excess tint around the corner of the inner edge of the tail light that faces the trunk.
- Now, take your top piece and align the top corner to the top corner of the bottom piece that follows the outer edge. There will be some overlap of the two pieces. Align the top corner so that the curve from the bottom piece continues as one fluid curve. Once achieved align the rest of the top edge and squeegee into place. Feed tint into indent, same as before. Trim or Tuck Excess around inner edge, same as before.
Now that the Turn Signal portion is complete, continue to the Reverse Light Section.
- Start by misting the adhesive side of the product as well as the surface just like the turn signal install. Then take the product and begin aligning the bottom edge of the overlay with the bottom edge of the clear portion of the reverse light section on the tail light. Once you have it in place, check top edge alignment before applying any pressure to set it into place. Once placement is confirmed, apply firm pressure with the squeegee on the top portion of the overlay removing any water and air from underneath the tint, working from the center, out.
- Then, briefly heat the bottom portion(as shown in the pictures above) of the overlay, continue the squeegeeing process until the overlay is completely installed. Trimming or tucking of excess material required on inner edge of the tail light that faces towards trunk. Either, cut flush to the edge, or heat and tuck the remaining material around the edge. The final look is completely up to you. The final step is to post heat. Heat the entire overlay and check to make sure there is no remaining moisture underneath your overlay.
• Adhesive backed film for easy installation and removal.
• Maintenance free & car wash safe.
• Can be removed without any damage to surface.
• 2-5 year life expectancy.
DIFFICULTY RATING 3/5
MORE >> Difficulty Rating Information